“An Earth Angel is a soul with non-Earthly origins. Although all souls originate from the same Divine source, our environment and personal history often shape our personalities and physical characteristics. For instance, those who spend most of their time surfing at tropical beaches will have different looks and mannerisms than people who hole up in their inner-city offices every day.
“Similarly, all of the lives you’ve previously lived have impacted you. And just as your physical family-of-origins shape your looks, behavior, even your life’s purpose. Again, the inside of everyone is the same: a beautiful, pristine spark for Divine light. However, as a light worker, your spark of light may have spent times in heavenly realms far from the earth. Those lifetimes that you’ve logged in the angelic realm, the elemental kingdom, or on other planets have influenced who you are today. Although you inhabit a human body, your soul feels like a traveler in a foreign country-because that is, in essence, what you are.” From Earth Angel, by Doreen Virtue, PH. D.
Most Earth Angels are empaths, but not all empaths are Earth Angels.
The basic list of the “Traits of an Empath” that has been circulating the internet for a few years now is fairly straightforward, however, you will see crossover with other areas such as Lightworkers, Indigos, HSPs (Highly Sensitive People or Highly Sensitive Persons), Psychics, Mediums and even aspects that are levels of ascension.
Since all these are going on at the same time, it’s understandable but still frustrating since not all traits point to the same thing.
The long and short of being an empath is “feeling the emotions of others as if they were your own”.
The following list is the one that can be found in some form or another everytime you google “Traits of an Empath”
Keep in mind that once an empath has learned control of their gift, these “traits” aren’t there any more. We can (mostly) handle the bad aspects (including health issues) and we just utilize our gift(s) to help others. Therefore, if you are just now looking at the list of empath traits, but are in control of your gift, try to remember what it was like before you learned that control.
- Feeling others emotions as if they were your own
- Overwhelmed in public places
- Watching violence, cruelty or tragedy on the TV is unbearable
- You know when someone is not being honest
- Digestive disorders and lower back problems
- Always looking out for the underdog
- Others will want to offload their problems on you, even strangers
- Constant fatigue
- Addictive personality
- Drawn to healing, holistic therapies and all things metaphysical
- Love of nature and animals
- Need for solitude
- Gets bored or distracted easily if not stimulated
- Finds it impossible to do things they don’t enjoy
- Strives for the truth
- Always looking for the answers and knowledge
- Likes adventure, freedom and travel
- Abhors clutter
- Loves to daydream
- Finds routine, rules or control, imprisoning
- Prone to carry weight without necessarily overeating
- Excellent listener
- Intolerance to narcissism
- The ability to feel the days of the week
- Will not choose to buy antiques, vintage or second-hand
- Sense the energy of food
- Can appear moody, shy, aloof, disconnected
I’m writing this blog because the traits of an empath are different than the listed traits of an Earth Angel. As I stated earlier, there are some similarities, but the attempt to categorize an empath as an Earth Ange is wrong. Not all empaths are Earth Angels and not all Earth Angels are empaths, although I believe most are .
Following is a list of traits of an Earth Angel
- You always see a silver lining in every situation and You always see the good in people
- You think in terms of possibility and potential
- You have incredible gifts in the areas of writing, art, music, and healing
- You experienced an awakening very early on and perhaps were always attracted to nature, mythical creatures and the meaning of life
- You seem wise beyond your years and often carry a very worldly energy
- Even strangers tend to vent to you their problems and frustrations and you delight in being able to help them
- You don’t feel called to do any one thing, in fact at times you can struggle with feeling grounded and finding your purpose
- You are interested in philosophy, alternative methods of healing and the metaphysical
- You have an intense and deep personality and are not afraid to dig deep within your psyche and the psyche of others to find the truth
- You may feel a constant struggle to align yourself with the physical world, this may manifest as struggling to deal with boundaries and your ego
- Relationships may be difficult for you to handle as you may find yourself attracted to abusive partners or those with deep emotional issues
- It is very likely that you are bi-sexual or have an attraction to both men and women
- You have a grace that inspires people and you can lift peoples energy and spirit without much effort
- You accept others wherever they are – even those that some can’t even tolerate
- You may not feel the need to “settle down”, marry, find a partner or have children
- You try to align yourself with societal expectations but you have a very hard time doing so, or the pursuit of these things can leave you feeling empty
- You are highly intuitive and often foresee events before they occur, you are also very in-tune with others needs
- You are extremely connected to your Spirit Team and have been since you can remember
- You feel protective of children, nature and other vulnerable beings; these beings are also often attracted to you
- Your emotions feel deep and heavy at times and can fluctuate from positive to negative; you have an understanding of both the light and dark emotions
- You may often “space out” or have vivid dreams or daydreams, lucid dream or astral project
- You have an innate understanding of the potential and magic of the Universe
- Your life may undergo many radical changes and you may find that you move around a lot
- You find yourself floating or moving abruptly from one thing to the next as you feel guided or inspired to do so
- You may not have stability but your basic needs such as money, housing, food etc. always seem to be taken care of
- You feel a longing to return home
- You have a clear and strong sense of purpose. Even though you may struggle to know how to manifest this purpose on Earth, you know you must work to help, teach, and heal others.
- You love the idea of freely spreading love, compassion, and guidance.